The Seamstress Girl Chapter 2

The Seamstress Girl

Chapter 2:
"Divine Protection Embroidery"


The thing that made me happy the most, was the fact that, besides the workroom, I got my own room to sleep in. And, that I was also getting paid. 
Ah. And I’ve now free days, too.
All this time I have been sleeping in the workroom; during those days I would just wake up, and sew all day long. 
I was never told about whenever the things were sold, or if those were a special request from someone. And of course, I was never paid for the things I made, nor I got pocket money to spend… let alone having such a thing as holidays. 

I would need someone to teach me the value of money and how to use it. 
This was the first time I was able to buy my own fabric to sew at my own leisure. When I was being raised, my tutor had taught me a lot of things, but it was all about basic etiquette. I had never even touched any money.

Firstly, I sewed my own clothes and with the fabric that I bought, I made little sachets for the people in the mansion. 
And of course, I sewed divine protection along the lining of the sachet. 
These people were the first ones to treat me nicely, so I wanted to give them some kind of present... For their sake, I want to sew it with the divine protection embroidery. With that in mind, I put magic on the spider's' thread.


My first divine protection embroidery... And, the result was quite something.

"Fwah..." 

The spirits that I had help sewing their clothes came bustling in... And the thread shone in all sorts of shades.
One could tell without saying... but the effects of the divine protection embroidery, probably... produced something incredibly expensive. 
Wouldn't have been better to sew it in a way no one could see it, for maybe it will cause a big ruckus? The inside potpourri was also full of remnants of the spirits' powers. 
A refreshingly soft lemony scent for men and a fluffy sweet floral scent for women. Wouldn't the smell be bothersome to those who work in the kitchen? I thought about that, but they gladly took the sachets, saying they could carry it on their free days.

I still don't know how much effect those would have, but I know for sure that it will protect their physical and mental health. 

The reason as to why I have been able to live until this point with the poor diet I used to have, was because I ate things the spirits touched and pour their magic on it.
... Normally, after 5 years of eating like that, it wouldn't be a surprise if I got sick or even died. But somehow, I was still in good shape. 

I sewed with even more enthusiasm for the Master*, who had rescued me from that house.







“Master Roden”

“What is it, Urde?”

To Roden… Urden was a beautiful lady who always wore men’s clothes. In addition to being childhood friends, Urde also worked for his as the head butler of the mansion. She rarely changed her facial expressions, and seeing the way she arrived so hastily, Roden suddenly sat down looking at her with an impatient gaze. 

And on the tray she was holding, there was a small sachet. 

“What’s that?”

“It’s a gift from Miss Ewey to the master of the house… A scented sachet.”

The fact that she offered it to him that way made him think that it was harmless… and with that in mind, he took it in his hands and smelled it. The fresh scent of lemon made the tiredness in his head after working hard with important documents to banish away; the scent relaxed him completely.

“Most of the residents of the house received a similar article. She was too happy for we treated her with kindness… that she even used her first payment to buy the material to do all this.”

“Is there a problem with that?”

“Especially yours, Master Roden… I’m sure its contents are different, but you’d better see it with your own eyes to understand what I mean…”

There was some paper on the tray, and as she told him, Roden took the small scented bag in his hands and spread the contents over it. Now on the paper lay the aromatic dried herbs that exuded a gentle fragrance of lemon. 
And these were infused with the power of the spirits. 

“Were these herbs especially collected by the spirits?!” 

There were herbs that could only be found inside the Royal Palaces’ Gardner. Not only were the herbs difficult to grow, but the spirits were the only ones who could pick them; otherwise, the herbs lost all their power.
In addition, the food or drinks that were prepared based on these herbs served as an efficient antidote and had great healing effects. 
It was more than impossible for one to get hold of them… And these could only be tasted when one received a special invitation from the royalty to one of their famous tea parties. 

“Master Roden, the gardener also began to plant them in the garden. He received a large number of herbs and with Miss Ewey’s permission, he immediately went to work on them.”

“... Eh.”

“And our biggest problem is not the contents, but the bag itself. Please look inside.”

As she told him, Roden swallowed hard and looked inside the small bag. Only to be left more than petrified.

“Something that could be considered on the same level as the founder of the Nylle family. A true embroidery with its divine protection.” 

“Wait, weren’t you the one who told me she didn’t have that power?”

“... The lady is still very young, and does not know much about the world around her… But, there is no doubt that she has an incredible heart of which one can be more than proud of. And the fact that she has hidden the embroidery this way, means that she is afraid that her family will find out about her power and that they will decide to come in between us in order to try to get her back… Or maybe, she is not even aware that her divine protection embroidery is at the same level as her ancestor… Or maybe, she does not even know about the existence of her ancestors herself…”

Roden could still remember the day he met her. A small, abused Ewey who looked more like a little girl although she was already a fifteen years old lady. Who he also noticed, seemed not to have had a conversation with anyone in years.  
She greeted him in a somewhat awkward way…

She was someone he could not consider more than a simple kid who was completely unaware of the true value of her divine protection embroidery. There was even the slight chance she thought that the divine protection embroidery she tried had ended in a total failure. 

“I also reported it to my husband, Skul…” 

As expected, there was also the need to report this to Urde’s husband, Skul. Who was also one of his childhood friends and that was also in charge of the butlers of the mansion. And those words, made him sit up straight in his place. 

“What is it?”

Skul was also in charge of managing his work inside the royal palace. He has special eyes that allow him to see the spirits that inhabit this world… he possessed magic eyes. He is someone who is giving his best effort to become a magician’s apprentice; he was adopted by Urde’s family and, as he received the teaching of the previous head Buttler, Roden still has him working under him. 

As he usually travels a lot back and forth between the mansion and the Royal Palace, he doesn’t stay long… which is why Urde also worked as the head of the butlers. When Skul’s in the mansion, the two of them help each other. But if he was to say who did a better job as the main butler, then Urde would win. And one of the reasons why Skul reported back and returned to the mansion was mainly because of the spirits. 

“I just told Miss Ewey that you would like for her to make one more of these so you could give it to a dear friend of yours, to watch how things changed on her surroundings. With the exception of the Nylle family, I think it would be for the best to report the lady’s abilities to the Royal Palace… Since it seems that at present, the mansion is being protected by various spirits. And there is no doubt that the reason behind this, is her.”

Shortly thereafter, Skul came to understand why the number of spirits within the mansion had increased… And, when he arrived with his report, both Urde and Roden were more than surprised by what he said. 

[End of Chapter 2]


----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Translators note:
I used to update this story under another blog by the name "Fukumenkei Translations". But, since I made a better blog under this new name, I decided to re-upload it here (and also, I deleted the other blog. Sorry for all the problems that may had caused. But eh, well, now I'm working again with the story :D
Sorry for taking so long to update a new chapter. Hope you still like my work. And if possible, try to check the other novel I'm working on!


Comments

  1. Thank you for translating this! I can’t wait to read more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey there! I would really like to help you with this story! I can't translate, but I'd be really glad to do some error fixing/ proofreading on this, to make the reading experience even better:)
    However, I don't know how to properly contact you, so please e-mail me at "suckerforsweets01@gmail.com" if you're interested! :)))

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment